Date: Jan 13, 2013 4:47 PM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Finitely definable reals.

On 13 Jan., 22:13, Dick <DBatche...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Friday, January 11, 2013 4:16:39 AM UTC-5, zuhair wrote:
> > Lets say that a real r is finitely definable iff there is a predicate P that is describable by a Finitary formula that is uniquely satisfied by r. Formally speaking: r is finitely definable
>
>  I think this would be more helpful if "finitely definable" were defined more carefully.

That is simple. A finitely definable item has a finite definition. A
finite definition is a definition consisting of a natural number of
characters of a finite alphabet of your choice or even of your
construction in a language of your choice or even of your
construction.

No computers or Turing machines required. Everybody can understand the
definition.

Regards, WM