Date: Jan 16, 2013 1:39 AM
Author: Murray Eisenberg
Subject: Re: neighborhood operations on image

On Jan 14, 2013, at 11:32 PM, siddys@gmail.com wrote:

> I am really impressed by the new set of image processing operations in Mathematica 9. I am, however, having trouble defining my own operations, and one of the things I do very frequently in another system, is neighborhood operations. I would like to do these things in Mathematica,and would like so help:
>
> How do I define a function that takes an Image, and performs operations, say, on a 3x3 nbdh for all pixels. I would like to use the functional programming paradigm. Filter is one such operation. I would love to see how Mathematica does it internally, but I am not able to find it.

The built-in function ImageFilter and its documentation do not suffice?

If you want internal implementation, good luck! Take a look in the Documentation Center at tutorial/TheInternalsOfMathematicaOverview.

---
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 55-2838 = (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305