Date: Jan 17, 2013 10:51 AM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Update about "The community of mathematics educators: Join in defending fun

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Jan 17, 2013 6:24 PM:

> On Jan 17, 2013, at 2:08 AM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > ALL MY POSTINGS, whether to this Forum or any
> other, are in fact the outcome of some OPMS modeling
> done for one purpose or another.
>
> Another friendly tip. I would leave that off of the
> brochure.
>
> Bob Hansen

Thank you for your 'friendly tip'.

Thanks - but no thanks.

What I shall NOT "leave off of the brochure" is the wisdom not to tell the kind of lies that you told for years to support your untenable arguments.

And yes, whatever I do (including the writing of this letter*) IS in fact via the guidance of some OPMS modeling or the other - none of which involves plastering all the walls of all the halls and corridors of my (or ANY) offices with ridiculous PERT Charts or shouting even more ridiculous slogans like: "PUT THE EDUCATION MAFIA IN JAIL!"

(*On occasion I do foul up, by running counter to the standards set here [or elsewhere]. But by and large, I do seem to get by quite satisfactorily.

(I note, for instance, that I've been getting numerous inquiries and commissions for presentations and workshops these days, a fair number of these being from people who have been drawn to this correspondence of ours at this Forum.

(Some of these folk are, by the way, people who have discovered for themselves the utter uselessness of your famous PERT Charts - unless backed up by sound systems understanding. It is easy to demonstrate to them that all those skills that they had spent so much time and effort to acquire need not go waste: all they need to do is to start understanding 'systems' from ground up: it may take them a while, but many do get there over time.

(Hence, once again, thanks very much indeed for your help, little though you had intended to give it).

GSC
("Still Shoveling!")

Message was edited by: GS Chandy