Date: Jan 18, 2013 5:58 PM
Author: Vaughan Anderson
Subject: Are elliptic functions orthogonal?

Can an arbitrary function be uniquely expanded in a series solution of
elliptic integrals?

That is to say, can you apply an algorithm like the Fourier analysis,
(or Bessel, Legendre, etc.) to an arbitrary function, using elliptic
integrals instead of trigonometrics as the basis function?

I wonder if this could be a useful technique for reducing nonlinear
data, in systems where certain, simple cases are known to have
elliptic solutions.

Your scholarly input would be greatly appreciated, even if it means
referring me to journal articles, as long as they're by specific
authors.

TIA.