Date: Jan 22, 2013 3:38 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

In article <87d2wxgtld.fsf@phiwumbda.org>,
"Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> wrote:

> WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:
>

> > On 22 Jan., 12:49, "Jesse F. Hughes" <je...@phiwumbda.org> wrote:
> >

> >> You are incapable of very basic mathematical reasoning.
> >
> > I am capable of recognizing the following: When I union infinitely
> > many singletons {1}, then the result is a finite set. In no case it
> > contains more than one element, namely 1.

But WM does not HAVE infinitely many identical singletons, if 1 is
unique then so is {1}, so WM only has one singleton, at least in
standard mathemabtics.

And what goes on in WM's wild wild world of WMytheology is of no
interest in standard mathematics.

> > When I union infinitely many finite initial segments {1, 2, 3} and
> > smaller ones, then the result is a finite set.

There do not exist infinitely many subset of {1,2,3}, much less finite
initial sets, so that WM has only finitely many finite initial segments
of {1,2,3}, at least in standard mathemabtics.

And what goes on in WM's wild wild world of WMytheology is of no
interest in standard mathematics.

> > In no case it contains
> > more than three elements, namely 1, 2, 3.
> >
> > When I union infinitely many finite initial segments {1}, {1, 2}, {1,
> > 2, 3}, ..., then the result is a finite set. In no case it contains
> > more elements than every finite initial segment - unless your God of
> > matheology conjures an actually infinite set out of all the unioned
> > finite sets.

> You're right! I am incapable of recognizing that.

As is everyone outside Wolkenmuekenheim