Date: Jan 23, 2013 8:39 AM
Author: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

Aatu Koskensilta <aatu.koskensilta@uta.fi> writes:

> "Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> writes:
>

>> We're talking about whether you can prove that
>>
>> U_n=1^oo {1,...,n}
>>
>> is finite.

> Here I think it's good idea to spell out this (just) a bit more
> explicitly: what WM seems to be asserting is that there is a finite
> set N -- i.e. a set N such that |N| = k for some natural k -- such
> that for every natural n, {1, ..., n} is a subset of N. The
> assertion is rank nonsense, whatever one thinks of infinite sets or
> the diagonal argument.

Indeed.

If he wants to do math without the axiom of infinity, let him! But
his bloviating about inconsistency in ZF should occasionally be
challenged, since it is so easy to show that he's full of bluster,
jumping from topic to topic because he honestly knows that none of his
arguments survive any real examination.

--
"Kim liked the math I did for her and gave me quite a few
groceries... likely so many groceries that they would have cost Kim