Date: Jan 25, 2013 1:39 AM
Author: plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
Subject: inbreeding as a species-accelerant ; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #198<br> Rockthrowing theory book

Basically I am just simply asking for what mathematical advantage for
mutations arises for inbreeding. I do not know if any biologist has
researched this question. The question of how much faster or how much
more mutations accrue when a population of a species has inbreeding.
Such as when 1 male and 1 female are stranded on a island and up to
those 2 individuals to keep their kind growing. So there is much
inbreeding. And not outside mating. So that all generations on the
island trace their ancestors back to those starting 2.

Compare that population with an equal sized population that has no
inbreeding.

I would hazard to guess that the mutations of the inbreeding
population would be far ahead of the non inbreeding population.

And I think this is how so many islands that are isolated from their
mainland have so many different species that the mainland does not
have, is because of what I call the species accelerant of inbreeding.

So that Neanderthal was two Africans that migrated north out of Africa
some 400,000 years ago and because of inbreeding ended up as different
species of the Africans who migrated enmasse some 60,000 years ago.

So that the Clovis man who migrated to the Americas, either out of
Asia or Europe some 15,000 years ago, if Clovis man had been a single
1 male and 1 female and populated the Americas, that by the time of
Columbus would have found, not the same species of Homo sapiens, but
perhaps a different species. So here we have a sort of scientific
prediction or question, of how many Clovis people migrated to the
Americas some 15,000 years ago so that their genetic stock was
sufficient to not mutate too much so that by the time Columbus
arrived, they would still be the same Homo sapiens species.

So we need some biology research into what sort of mutation rate is
increased in populations with inbreeding versus populations of
noninbreeding.

And in sociology we can recognize the problem of the American Indians
in that they needed tribal interactions with other diverse tribes
because of inbreeding.

Usually inbreeding brings out deleterious mutations, and rarely does
it bring out advantageous mutations.

Now I would be deeply surprised if no biologist has done research on
this before, of extracting a number for mutation rate in a
noninbreeding population and a mutation rate in a inbreeding
population.

So if we had such a numbers figure for this mutation accelerant and
applied that numbers to Clovis Man, we may be able to roughly estimate
how many individuals, male and female crossed over into the Americas.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium