Date: Jan 28, 2013 11:46 PM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards

CCSSI Math posted Jan 29, 2013 8:20 AM:

> Malkin is a Fox News contributor, i.e., her opinions
> are founded on a right wing, anti-government
> ideology. Her rantings against Common Core have
> nothing to do with Common Core's actual substantive
> merits or lack thereof.

I agree with you about the 'foundations', such as they may be, of Michelle Malkin's opinions. Though (in my opinion) her opinions are quite pernicious and largely invalid, they DO have currency in certain circles. Are you combatting them *adequately*? I believe not.

Please do look at http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=8183729 for an opinion that is NOT founded on a "right-wing, anti-government ideology".

Please also look at the attachments to my posting at http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2419536 for some useful tools that could help you better combat the more extreme rants of the "right-wing, anti-government" ideologues.

GSC