Date: Jan 29, 2013 12:57 PM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards

CCSSI Math Jan 29, 2013 10:47 PM:

> Our (frequently negative) comments about Common Core
> at http://ccssimath.blogspot.com are not based on
> ideology. We're attempting to look at the standards
> solely from a sound math practices point of view.

I'm glad your critiques of 'Common Core' are not based/ founded on ideology.

In my opinion, a focus on ideological issues could significantly detract from the math issues that you'd want to have clarified. The best way (IMHO) is to restrict the ideology just to the comments from readers and (if essential) to your responses to those comments - but minimize it in any case for most productive results (and possible conversions of opinions) over the long term.

I've not seen your blog earlier - but I shall certainly try to follow it in future.

Best wishes
GSC