Date: Jan 31, 2013 3:05 AM
Author: Tom Potter
Subject: Re: The 11 Most Beautiful Mathematical Equations

"1treePetrifiedForestLane" <> wrote in message
what is your take on Malus' law, what ever it is
supposed to be, viz Ohm's?... I didn't bother, because
anyone who is really into electronics, enough,
uses complex impedances (or what ever).

> V = i * (I" cos^2(A)) = I * R
> ( Modification of Ohm's Law taking Malus's law into account to model
> conductivity. )
> And where is hanson's equation that models oscillators in a gravity field?

> but note that hanson's equation is simplier and

hanson's equation accounts for the 38 microseconds per day
offset between a clock at sea level and one in a GPS orbit.

Search Google Groups for "m_e/h * 2G/c^2 * 86400" for details.

If you want to know how Malus's law models impedance
read Plutonium's posts.

Here is another beautiful equation the writer missed.

***** events = Q * k * R / T ******

According to Shannon:
information entropy = 1 / ln(2) bits.
( Which in itself is a Beautiful Mathematical Equation.)

According to thermodynamics:
physical entropy = 1.3806488(13)×10?23 joules per degree K
(Boltzmann constant)

So about 1 x 10^23 bits equals one joule per degree K.

According to Potter's 7th law,
one elemental quantum event = one bit = one cycle,
and there are about 10^23 quantum events per joule per degree K.

One joule is equal to the energy expended (or work done)
in passing an electric current of one ampere
through a resistance of one ohm
for one second.

( Power = current^2 * resistance )
( Energy = power * time )

One ampere is one coulomb of electrons per second,
and there are 6.2415 × 10^18 electrons in a coulomb

so the passage of 6.2415 × 10^18 electrons
through a resistance of one ohm involves
10^23 quantum events per degree K.

thus it requires about 15,000 quantum events
for one electron to traverse a one ohm resistor
for each degree K.

Thus at a constant temperature,
resistance can be equated to the number
quantum events (Cycles) required to get electrons through the traffic jam.

quantum events = electrons * potter's constant ( About 15,000) * resistance
/ degrees K.

Next time I am in Vienna,
I think I'll spray paint it on Boltzmann's tomb stone.

events = Q * k * R / T

Tom Potter