Date: Jan 31, 2013 3:15 PM
Author: Jennifer Streeter
Subject: TI 84+ C vs  TI-Nspire™ CX

We asked Dana Morse to come into our school today to show us the new TI 84+ C.  When he came we played with it for a few minutes, really no changes other than a backlit lcd screen and a color screen.  BUT then he showed us the TI-Nspire CX and we were floored.  The options are completely unlimited with it.  You can upload documents (such as class notes/assignments) to it, it is interactive with the smart board, with the navigation system you can upload assignments to the students calculators and then have them submit them the next day.  There would be a major decrease in cost of books, photocopies, batteries.  There is a "mathtype" button, where you could insert equations like in word.  When student purchases the TI-Nspire CX they will also have software for their computers so when they plug their calculator into it, it will upload assignments/notes etc.  There is too much to list, if you are looking at investing in calculators for your schools, I would highly recommend that you look into these before you purchase the TI-84 + C.

We wish we could have had another hour to "play" around. We have already talked with our administration and have started the conversation/initiative to purchase some classroom sets. Fingers crossed!!