Date: Feb 4, 2013 5:02 PM
Author: fom
Subject: Re: Matheology § 203

On 2/4/2013 3:48 PM, Virgil wrote:
> In article
> <>,
> WM <> wrote:

>> On 4 Feb., 13:19, William Hughes <> wrote:
>>> On Feb 4, 1:05 pm, WM <> wrote:
>>> So we have according to WM
>>> 0.111...
>>> is not a single line of
>>> 0.1
>>> 0.11
>>> 0.111
>>> and
>>> there is no list of every 0/1 sequence.

>> You have to distinguish more carefully: There is nothing of such a 0/1-
>> sequence that you can name and that was missing from every line of an
>> appropriate list.

> Ever such FIS corresponds to a member of |N, and every list of FIS's
> that is not infinite has a last one, which has a successor.
> So WM cannot produce a list which is complete.

>> And there is no list of every FISON in exaxtly the same sense. Thus it
>> is impossible to distinguish countability and uncountability in
>> potential infinity.

> But it is impossible to impose the nonsense of potential infiniteness on
> ZF or most other set theories.

Potential infinity need not be nonsense.

Your objection to mixed metaphors certainly applies.

From the beginning (I showed up when Zuhair was asking questions)
I have not understood terminology. A CIBT is the Cantor space.
It is a topological construct and the C refers to topological

Of course, many logicians work primarily with logical
constructs involving discrete alphabets. So, I assume
that I am just misunderstanding the jargon of a
particular branch of mathematicians.

I do not include WM's uses in that remark. While I
understand his objections, I am still trying to understand
some of his statements.