Date: Feb 5, 2013 7:04 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Howto use NyaN to add, subtract, muliply, divide

In article
<2316d8b0-b9c9-4383-816b-dd4878ce0bac@z4g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,
JT <jonas.thornvall@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 Feb, 09:00, Musatov <marty.musa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > i mean afterall an expression as =7(7-7) is evaluated =49-49   so
> > > =1/7(7-7)*7*7*7*7*7*7*7*7 if you have 1 factor coming upto zero why
> > > would you like to carry out the rest of multiplications i do not get
> > > it?

> > #--#=##

> What?

The invention of zero in mathematics, and its use in place values in
numbers was a great advance.

For example, lets see your versions of
1.000
1,000,000
1,000,000,000
and so on without any zero digits.

And lets see you do some long divisions or long multiplications, or long
square-rootings with your zeroless notation.

I see no benefit it doing away with it and any number of problems with
it.