Date: Feb 18, 2013 11:34 AM
Author: Joe Niederberger
Subject: Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered

Lou Talman
>Yeah, but are you gonna use the H atoms you find in them, or are you gonna use the universes themselves?

I'm just going to quote the Dowager countess on Downton Abbey last night: "That's the thing about nature; there's so much of it!"

On further reflection I suspect my problem will not be with atoms or universes, but the decidedly unnatural "glass wall sides".

Of course my factoring machine is inspired by another famous demonstration (which I admit has to be more fun to watch in action.) Here's "Murphy", as far as I know, the world's largest "Galton board".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hEvr2Z7cXI

Can anyone think of other specialty analog devices created to demonstrate a mathematical concept?

Cheers,
Joe N