Date: Feb 20, 2013 3:08 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<359b6be8-d999-4dfa-be0c-71d9bef6f1f0@j2g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 19 Feb., 23:35, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <e2bd4578-58a9-4d14-9544-4e3e96055...@z9g2000vbx.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > I do not argue with FISs of the list, but with FISs of lines.

> > > Not in the special list
> >
> > > 0.0
> > > 0.1
> > > 0.11
> > > 0.111

> >  In any list, L,  in which FIS_n(L) is not a subset of FIS_(n+1)(L),
> > there need not be a :diagonal: but there is still an anti-diagonal.
> >
> > For your special list above, A = 1.00000... works quite nicely as an
> > antidiagonal, since no FIS of A is a line of your special list.

> But 0.111... also works according to Cantor.

NOT according to Cantor, since he only dealt with infinite binary
sequences, but true because for every member in your "special list"
above, 0.111... is at least one digit longer than that member.

> If, however, 0.111... is
> nothing but all its FISs, then there is nothing of 0.111... missing in
> the list.

For each member of WM's list, 0.111... is different from that member by
being at least one digit longer than that member, so cannot be a member.

At least outside Wolkenmuekenheim.

Apparently inside Wolkenmuekenheim an object can be different from
every member of a set and still be a member of that set.