Date: Mar 1, 2013 1:34 AM
Author: plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
Subject: posting and reading but no more archives Re: Google appears to be<br> systematically destroying the posts made by Archimedes Plutonium

On Feb 28, 8:21 am, dlzc <dl...@cox.net> wrote:
> Dear Archimedes Plutonium:
>
> On Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:31:05 AM UTC-7, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

> > Google seems to be systematically destroying the
> > posts made by Archimedes Plutonium.

> Your posts are still there, Google just does not give a sh*t about odd search terms.  Add to this that some of your posts are off-topic in this newsgroup and get reported as spam, so they may no longer show up on searches.
>
> David A. Smith

I have tried the Advanced Search under author
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com and it appears that after May 2012,
Google pretty much stopped archiving authors. Perhaps Google is
getting out of the archiving business and leaving it to other
organizations such as Math Forum.

Take a look at your archive by Google and see if your posts after May
and June are still all there.

Of course Google would not alert its users of such a major shift and
change and (us, we) users would find out painfully many months later
what has happened.

Maybe I did not type in the correct search terms of author, but I
remember another poster many months back commenting also that Google
stopped archiving posts.

Maybe Google is trying to head in the direction where it allows
posting and reading, but no archiving.

AP