Date: Mar 18, 2013 2:05 AM
Author: Chaitanya
Subject: Displaying a picture in a GUI axes

Hi all,

I've stumbled upon a mystery recently.
I have been working on a GUI. I wanted to include a picture of a logo in the GUI. I am aware of how this can be done, by reading an image file, and plotting that on to the GUI axes. However, I came across a GUI created by someone else, where, seemingly a picture file is 'embedded' in the GUI axes. There is no image file that is being read, not any variable with stored data of the picture file. Yet as the GUI is run, the picture shows up and I don't know how. Even when I simply copy and paste this axes onto my GUI, it works. I took a detailed look at the axes properties (in the property inspector) and find no evidence of any data of the picture.
Anyone with any idea of how this might be happening? Perhaps I'm missing something very obvious?

Thanks.

Chaitanya