Date: Mar 20, 2013 5:00 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 224

In article
<9b0ceeb3-14d9-4385-8ad7-b4c013c56345@y9g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 20 Mrz., 21:21, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Please name a line that is needed for the tail of the list to exist.
> > > (You do agree that every set of lines has a first element?)

> > We need an infinite number of lines.
> > Choose lines 3,4,6,7,8...
> > Then line 3, being one of the needed set chosen is needed.
> > Note, that we do not have to choose line 3, so line
> > 3 is not necessary.

> Then choose a line that is necessary.

Why must any particular line be necessary?

In a real vector space is there ever any one particular vector necessary
for a basis of that space?

> If you say you need an infinite set of lines, then there must be a
> first one that is needed.

Since the set of even-numbered lines is sufficient and the set of odd
numbered lines is also sufficient and these two sets of lines are
disjoint, what MISleads WM to claim that some particular first line is
necessary? Other than his overall incompeence?

> Remember: A line is needed if its absence
> changes the set of numbers of the list. You state that a set of lines
> all of which are needed does exist.

On the contrary, what we have repeatedly said, and proved, is that the
infiniteness of a set of lines/FISONs is both necessary and sufficient.

That WM is incapable of learning that marks im s even more incompetent
att mathematics that previously known.

> > Compare to choosing a basis for |R^2.  Two vectors
> > are needed.  However, there is no necessary vector.-

> That is the difference between an enumerated set and a not-enumerated
> set.

There are finite vector spaces of several dimensions which can be as
thoroughly ennumerated as the set of naturals, so WMs unnatural
arguments again fail!