Date: Mar 23, 2013 10:13 AM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 23 Mrz., 15:01, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 23, 2:43 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
>

> > On 23 Mrz., 10:31, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > We both agree that you have not shown that we can
> > > do something which leaves no lines and does not
> > > change the union.

> > No, of course we do not.
>
> WH: this does not mean that one can do something

Of course we cannot really do infinite things. This is only an
abbreviation.

I say that there is no finite line that changes the union. So the
union would be the same if there was no finite line. (This is a more
tedious expressing, but you seem to have run out of arguments.)

So the union would be the same if there was no finite line remaining.
Your, no, we cannot remove all lines, amounts to: There must remain
some finite line in order not to change the union. And this is false,
because the proof says that there is no finite line available for
remaining.

So either you wish to contradict a proof that you have accepted, or
you talk about an infinity line.

Regards, WM