Date: Mar 26, 2013 4:54 PM
Author: Joe Niederberger
Subject: Re: MathTeachers?

Dave Renfro says:
>See the attached .pdf file handout for more ideas.

I like the part about not memorizing formulas, and also, the couple of pictures offered.

I don't know how commonly known it is that Google offers a basic graphing capability from their search field. For instance, type "2^x, 10^x" or "e^x, ln(x)" into Google. Play around with rescaling the x&y various ways to explore a bit.

So, I can't resist asking the classic groaner "Can you do this without calculus" question: what's bigger, e^pi or pi^e? (You can certainly do it with a calculator, so that's ruled out right away.)

Cheers,
Joe N