Date: Mar 31, 2013 9:07 PM
Author: fom
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 3/31/2013 1:44 PM, Virgil wrote:
> In article
> <>,

>>> That is nonsense. 0.0101010101... has infinitely many of both sorts.
>>> Regards, WM

>> Well, you see Virgil has introduced a term in context the "binary
>> rational path"

> The standard definition of a binary rational is a rational whose
> denominator is a power of 2.
> In binary place value notation, they are the infinite strings starting
> at the binary point, then having onlybinary digits of 0 or 1, which end
> with either a string of infinitely many 0's or infinitely many 1's.
> Thus in a Complete Infinite Binary Tree they correspond to infinite
> paths with either only finitely many 1's or only finitely many 0's.

I will not disagree with your statement concerning "binary
rational path", but I did do a search and did not come up
with anything useful. That does not mean much since there
are far more pages with "binary" and "rational" used in a
context different from yours.

I did, however, find dyadic rationals.

These "standard terms" are sometimes a pain.

What is important is that they are a dense subset
in spite of not being the entire class of rational