Date: Apr 4, 2013 5:21 PM
Author: William Hughes
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On Apr 4, 10:48 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> On 4 Apr., 21:01, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > In the Binary Tree there is no stop at any path.

> > > All nodes that belong to a finite path, belong to an infinite path
> > > too.

> > Since you refuse to say what makes a subset of nodes a path
> > you cannot claim that a path without a last node exists.-

> The construction principle of the Binary Tree (two child nodes to
> every parent node) is obvious. If someone believes that there is a
> difference between the Binary Tree that contains all infinite paths
> and the Binary Tree that does not contain an infinite path, but
> contains all finite paths, he has to define the latter. Good luck!

If you take a set of nodes, and the parent/child
relationships, that contains all finite paths then
you have a tree that contains all finite paths. This tree contains
subsets of nodes that do not correspond to any finite path.
Some of these subsets are the subsets that correspond to what
might be termed infinite paths. However, if you use a definition
of path that excludes infinite paths, these subsets of nodes
remain, but they are not paths. So you have a Binary Tree that
does not contain an infinite path.