Date: Apr 5, 2013 7:49 PM
Author: namducnguyen
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 05/04/2013 5:40 PM, fom wrote:
> On 4/5/2013 6:33 PM, Nam Nguyen wrote:

>>> The only theology here is to be found in WM's theocracy of one.

>> There exists such a thing as a mathematical theology: the mathematical
>> concept of the natural numbers, as "the standard structure" for the
>> language of arithmetic.
>>

> If I prefer set theory as a foundation,
> Skolem's religion has no meaning for
> me.

In so far as a _perceived_ language structure would enable
us to interpret the concept of the natural numbers, such
a perception is a theology; in it, there are 2 offshoot
theologies which we'll _forever_ (i.e. even in principle of
logic) struggle to choose for acceptance:

- cGC being true
- ~cGC being true.

> Strange theology.

Say no more: Indeed it is strange.