Date: Apr 6, 2013 12:48 PM
Author: namducnguyen
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 05/04/2013 12:20 AM, fom wrote:
> On 4/5/2013 12:57 AM, Nam Nguyen wrote:
>> On 04/04/2013 10:55 PM, fom wrote:
>>>
>>> Who knows what is and what is not -- even
>>> in the simple realm of mathematics -- claims
>>> a certain knowledge that is revealed rather
>>> than discerned.

>> So, since Godel, is the knowledge of the natural numbers
>> a revealed or discerned one?
>>
>> Revealed by whom? Discerned from what?
>>

> I thought you claimed to be a relativist. ???

I am, by at least the 3rd Principle "Principle of Symmetry (of
Non-Logicality)" mentioned in:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.math/msg/20bb0e7c183ae502?hl=en

> The history of mathematical logic is entwined
> with a philosophical perspective that is collapsing
> from its own analyses. Goedel argued for
> idealism and platonism. That is not the logicism,
> logical positivism, or predicativism that tried
> to ground mathematics on the basis of realism
> and otherwise characterized the era in which he
> worked.

So why do people react negatively with the _logical notion_ that the
concept of the natural numbers Godel used is a relativistic concept?

NYOGEN SENZAKI