Date: Apr 23, 2013 3:23 PM
Author: Rich Delaney
Subject: closed universe, flat space?

Supposedly, our universe is closed and finite, although the
geometry and topology isn't precisely known. This means
a straight line (geodesic) traveler must return to his starting
poiint, yes/no? Hence, curved space.

At the same time, astronomers claim, that space is flat, to
the precision of their measurements. Usually, this is
accompanied by the comment that the universe is balanced
between infinite expansion, or eventual collapse, we can't
tell which.

So, space is closed, but also flat... back in my day, they
had something called a logical contradiction, which was
considered a bad thing, but I guess times change...
viva progress -

--
Rich