Date: May 14, 2013 3:14 AM
Author: Nasser Abbasi
Subject: Re: Work on Basic Mathematica Stephen!

On 5/12/2013 2:28 AM, djmpark wrote:

> For example, if one
> types:
>
> Carm
>
> and then uses Ctrl+K to complete the command, there is only one choice,
> CarmichaelLambda. In Mathematica 8 the symbol would be automatically
>completed and the cursor would be left at the end of the word. But now it brings up a menu,
> even though there is only one choice, and one must click the menu. But you
> are not finished yet! No there is another menu (somewhat displaced so you
> may miss it), which is the equivalent of Ctrl+Shift+K and which we could
> have done if we wanted, so one must by-pass that by clicking at the end of
> CarmichaelLambda to get back to the normal typing entry. That's two extra
> clicks added.

fyi, using version 9.01, on windows 7, the steps are

Carm Ctrl+k then hit ENTER and continue typing.

i.e. hitting ENTER will automatically select the top and
only choice and move the cursor to the end of the current
word. Then if one continues typing, then this will automatically
remove that small another window that comes up.

--Nasser