Date: Jun 12, 2013 1:16 PM
Author: Richard Hake
Subject: Why Democrats in Congress Fail To Support Climate Change<br> Legislation #2

Some subscribers to Math-Teach might be
interested in a recent post "Why Democrats in
Congress Fail To Support Climate Change
Legislation #2" [Hake (2013)]. The abstract

ABSTRACT: In my discussion-list post "Senator
Sheldon Whitehouse - Time to Wake Up: GOP
Opposition to Climate Science" at
<> I wrote: "Unfortunately,
Democrats in Congress are almost as unenlightened
as Republicans."

In response, a subscriber wrote to me: "In case
anyone missed this excellent dissection of
climate science opposition, here's why Demos are
apparently 'unenlightened': ['Frontline - Climate
of Doubt' (PBS, 2012)] at

I list the ALL-STAR cast and their online
resum├ęs: 19 Anthropomorphic Global Warming
*Believers* and 20 Anthropomorphic Global Warming

To access the complete 13 kB post please click on <>.

Links to Articles: <>
Links to Socratic Dialogue Inducing (SDI) Labs: <>
Academia: <>
Blog: <>
GooglePlus: <>
Google Scholar: <>
Twitter: <>
Facebook: <>
LinkedIn: <>

". . .American politics is being completely
defined by huge sums of money. [In 2008] we had
really a very broad coalition of people who
believed that we ought to move forward [on
climate change legislation] and do something. But
as the [2012} campaign and the fear built up,
people began to retreat. [Conservative
organizations] spent huge sums of money IN A
CAPS]. . . . that had a profound impact. And it
has now made many people in public life very
gunshy because they're afraid of having those
amounts of money spent against them. . . . .
.There's nothing like a loss in an election. . .
. .[ as for Bob Ingliss of South Carolina,
defeated by BIG $$ from conservative
organizations]]. . . . . to promote fear in the
survivors. And that's exactly what happened in
the United States Congress."
- John Kerry, transcript PBS (2012)

REFERENCES [URL's shortened by <> and accessed on 12 June 2013.]
Hake, R.R. 2013. "Why Democrats in Congress Fail
To Support Climate Change Legislation" online on
the OPEN! Net-Gold archives at
<>. Post of 11 Jun 2013
19:58:37-0700 to AERA-L and Net-Gold. The
abstract and link to the complete post are being
distributed to various discussion lists and are
also on my blog Hake'sEdStuff at
<> with a provision for