Date: Jun 13, 2013 6:04 PM
Author: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: The Charlwood Fifty

clicliclic@freenet.de wrote:

> "Nasser M. Abbasi" schrieb:

> > On 6/10/2013 5:23 AM, clicliclic@freenet.de wrote:
> >

> > > I strongly suspect that "Sage" always means "Maxima" (not e.g. "Sympy"):
> > > see the Runtime Error Message for problem #8.
> > >

> > You are right. But I just updated the page with maxima 5.28.0-2
> > and in all of them, the results were the same as Sage's, except for
> > #3. Sage did not evaluate it. Not sure why. Will be nice to know
> > which version of Maxima it is using. I use the notebook web
> > interface at http://www.sagenb.org
> >

> It should be possible to switch the Sage integrator from "Maxima" to
> "Sympy"; perhaps somebody could explain how? This would be preferable to
> listing the Maxima results twice.
>
> Martin.

I tried sympy-0.7.2 on the ten. I got anwers for #2 and #10:

>>> integrate((x*asin(x))/sqrt(1 - x**2), x)
__________
/ 2
x - \/ - x + 1 *asin(x)
>>> integrate((x**3*exp(asin(x)))/sqrt(1 - x**2), x)
__________ __________
3 asin(x) 2 / 2 asin(x) asin(x) / 2 as
x *e 3*x *\/ - x + 1 *e 3*x*e 3*\/ - x + 1 *e
----------- - --------------------------- + ------------ - -------------------
10 10 10 10

in(x)

-----

#4 did not finish after 35 min. The other return unevaluated.
#9 took about 15 min to return unevaluated result, on most
other there was visible delay before answer.

Trying other examples which in principle sympy should do with
no trouble I had to wait few minutes in one case and in
another case sympy run out of memory after few hours.

--
Waldek Hebisch
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl