Date: Jun 16, 2013 8:06 PM
Author: Ramaprasad Kulkarni
Subject: How to create an executable using mcc for with multiple mex files?

Hi All,

I want to generate a standalone executable for a mix of Matlab '.m' file and 'mex' files (with mexfunction in each of them). I used 'mcc' tool for this with the syntax:

>> mcc -o PMIA -W WinMain:PMIA -T link:exe -v PMIA.m anisodiff3d.c anisodiff3d8.c

The above command runs good until it throws a linker error:

anisodiff3d8.obj : error LNK2005: mexFunction already defined in anisodiff3d.obj
LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined

Essentially it says that mexFunction is redefined in the second C mex-file. It is necessary for each of the C file to be a mex-file so I can call them in Matlab and so should have a mexFunction in them, which in turn leads to the above linker error (to my understanding). Can anyone please suggest a solution or workaround for my issue?

--
Thanks in advance,
Ram.