Date: Jun 24, 2013 3:24 PM
Author: KUNHEE
Subject: speed of fsolve

Hi,

I am trying to solve an equation using fsolve.
my function consists of a few 50 by 50 sparse matrix and 5 loops, for i=1:7 for four of them and i=1:50 for one of them, which doesn't sound too demanding.

I am using R2010a, which supposedly, uses 4 of my cores as preset.

However, i need to run the fsolve function for 1E12 to 1E13 times.
I have run it for a day and got to 1E5, which suggests i need to run it for 1E7 days to obtain my full solution.

Is there any way to speed up the process?

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated

Many thanks
Kunhee Lee