Date: Aug 18, 2013 4:13 AM
Author: RGVickson@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: Is this the right group for math help?

On Friday, August 16, 2013 6:47:56 PM UTC-7, Mark Rivet wrote:
> I am attempting to finish my calculus training on my own. I am using a book called "quick calculus". It has been many years since I've had my calc I class. I will need some help as I go along and some of it may be with algebraic manipulations. Is this the right group to questions of this nature? I am doing this for my own personal edification.

You can also subscribe (free) to Physics Forums, which (despite its name) has two Forums devoted to mathematics course homework, etc. These are the forums "precalculus mathematics" and "calculus and beyond". Look in the "Homework and Coursework" menus.

It has handy symbol templates you can use if you want, and it accepts simple TeX/LaTeX inputs if you want really nifty typesetting (and has tutorials on how to use these tools). However, simple ASCII inputs are acceptable.