Date: Aug 24, 2013 7:04 PM
Author: Tom Potter
Subject: Re: When I charge my car's battery, does it gain weight?

"FC" <home@flatland.net> wrote in message
news:pan.2013.08.24.15.59.41@flatland.net...
> On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 19:33:20 +0800, Tom Potter wrote:
>

>> [snip gibberish]
>>

> Get the fuck out of here, Pot Head.
>
> A serious discussion is no place for a demented loser.
>
> Go to the nearest MRI clinic and have them take a scan of your
> brain. Then post the image. We can all have a good laugh at
> the giant holes in your cerebrum.
>
> [Now observe. He won't follow the advice. He will be
> compelled to offer a nonsensical and self-ingratiating
> rebuttal.]

It is interesting to see
that the reaction of "FC" to my post

was essentially the reaction of a combatant
to a "rescuer" in a classic
PERSECUTOR - VICTIM - RESCUER triangle,

http://www.lynneforrest.com/articles/2008/06/the-faces-of-victim/

http://shakti.co.za/blog/2009/12/victim-rescuer-predator-triangle.html

As active Usenet threads typically degenerate into
PERSECUTOR - VICTIM - RESCUER triangles
centered about race, religion, money, politics, occupation, education, etc.

to understand the dynamics of Usenet threads
it is helpful to understand the
PERSECUTOR - VICTIM - RESCUER triangle.

and to understand WHERE you are in the TRIANGLE,
and WHY you are there.

Are you there to defend some
race, religion, money, politics, occupation, education, position etc.

are you there to generate heat and expand the triangle
or are you there to generate light and diminish the triangle.

No doubt, some heat/conflict/war/revolution
makes life more progressive and interesting,
but some thought and effort should be put into
limiting the size of conflict triangles.

Stimulation is progressive and healthful,
but death, destruction and despair
is regressive and un-healthful.

The bottom line is
give some thought to your role in
modulating these triangles,
and to the size of the triangle in play.

In other words,
no matter if you are a
PERSECUTOR, a VICTIM or a RESCUER
you can affect the size of the triangle
and help optimize it.

The physics question is:
"Does the triangle gain weight when it expands?"

--
Tom Potter

http://warp-to.us/
http://tiny.im/390k