Date: Sep 1, 2013 11:41 AM
Author: Richard Strausz
Subject: Re: Will Richardson Why Schools and Algebra 1

> On Aug 31, 2013, at 4:47 PM, Richard Strausz
> <Richard.Strausz@farmington.k12.mi.us> wrote:
>

> > I'm not sure that my assigned classes are relevant,
> but this year I am teaching all geometry classes,
> some 'regular' and the rest 'honors'. Most of the
> latter students will end up in AP Calculus before
> they graduate HS.
>
> Can you talk about how you teach your "honors"
> students? The assignments and how you spend your
> class time? I assume you are teaching 9th grade
> geometry in the Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2
> sequence? Is it in the "regular" classes that you use
> activities like Dan's?
>
> Bob Hansen

I would say that I use more of Meyer's activities in my regular classes. One that I used in both classes last year was Popcorn Picker, which was a big hit with many students in both levels.

http://threeacts.mrmeyer.com/popcornpicker/

By the way, I have been experimenting with using some simple LOGO programming in both levels too.

Richard