Date: Oct 25, 2013 1:39 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Re: The monkey-sense is more important than you think.

Another perfect example. Is it unreasonable that smarter parents are more successful in their careers and thus make more money and that intelligence has a hereditary factor, thus their children do better in school?

How about this. We have been so successful with getting eduction to the masses that all that is left in the most blighted areas are those most resilient to education. I realize if I had made this statement about penicillin and super bugs you would be going "oh, wow, that is so weird but reasonable", but probably not so much in the context I made it in.

If this was math you wouldn't be this sloppy with your reasoning but make it a social issue and rationality is all of a sudden not important, or even real. We are supposed to just go with emotion I guess.

Bob Hansen