Date: Feb 23, 2014 8:24 PM
Author: Robert Hansen
Subject: Living Off Student Loans

I recall in the 80?s a lot of people I knew doing this. Living off of student loans?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/-i-m-never-going-to-be-able-to-retire--134736593.html?vp=1

It almost always ended badly because they were taking courses with no real goal in mind, other than to meet the minimum requirements to stay in school. Most of them didn?t even graduate or they graduated with an AA degree that changed nothing in their job outlook. Some AA degrees are actually valuable, but not the ones these students ended up with. In any event, t thought the practice had died out somewhat. I thought that the loan industry had tightened the rules. But it seems to have grown greatly.

Bob Hansen