Date: Mar 28, 2014 12:43 PM
Author: kirby urner
Subject: Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:27 AM, Joe Niederberger
<niederberger@comcast.net>wrote:

> SO why switch words - from "mind" to "world"?
>
> Cheers,
> Joe N

The world is mindful, is minded, has mind. Is it a machine?

When people ask that they're not thinking of a real machine that breaks
down and decays usually.

They're usually thinking of some unbreakable imaginary machine, like a
"Turning machine" that does not actually exist in any museums.

I think it's important to acknowledge that first step away from reality.

"The world / mind / universe is a machine but no machine like you've ever
met except in your dreams -- not counting the universe itself that is,
being as it's a machine and all."

Yeah, right, uh huh, we're making sense now (not).

Kirby