Topic: Subtract values in a matrix
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 12:20 AM

Bob Ferreira

Re: Subtract values in a matrix

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k88ofr$kd2$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 11/17/2012 1:12 PM, Bob Ferreira wrote:
>

> > Example: m = [2,2,2;3,3,3;4,4,4] the matrix given should be
> > [0,0,0;-1,-1,-1;-2,-2,-2]
> >
> > I hope I made myself understood, if not, please ask away.

> No clue how you got the result from the description, sorry...
>
> What term, specifically was subtracted from which and how did you get it
> to produce the desired result? (Actually, the answer to this may well
> provide you w/ the (or at least a) solution).
>
> --

Okay well, the values in the second line of the matrix becomes the result of the first value of that column, minus the value that was there before, and after that, all values in the first line become all zeros.

So in the example, m = [0,0,0;(2-3),(2-3),(2-3);(2-4),(2-4),(2-4)]