Topic: Stand-Alone Applications - accept .m code
Replies: 1   Last Post: Dec 13, 2012 9:54 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Stand-Alone Applications - accept .m code

"Ricardo " <venanciopereira@live.com.pt> wrote in message
> Hello everybody
>
> I'm developing a GUI in Matlab and I intend to build this interface to a
> "Stand-Alone Applications".
> The interface calls several (.m) functions and my target is later can add
> new (.m) functions. At this time I?m using the function Feval.

This is NOT going to work.

> The problem is that the Feval function does not work in a "Stand-Alone
> Applications".

It does, but not the way you're trying to use it.

> One possible way to work with (.m) code in a "Stand-Alone Applications" is
> to use the Eval function, but this function does not optimize (.m) code.

This too will not work to accomplish the goal you described.

> Is there any way to add (.m) code in a "Stand-Alone Applications" without
> having to recompile the application? For example, pre-compile the code
> (.m) of new functions to be recognized by the application?

No. Applications created by MATLAB Compiler can ONLY execute code that was
present and was compiled into the application at compile-time.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com