Topic: Help with algorithm for adjusting RGB colors
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jan 6, 2013 11:25 AM

Kaba

Re: Help with algorithm for adjusting RGB colors

5.1.2013 1:08, Jennifer Murphy wrote:
> The only problem is that some of the colors are a little too faint
> (light). This happens then all three values are too close to 255. Pure
> white is (255,255,255). Pure black is (0,0,0).

> Is there a better way to do this?

Yes. Try the HSV color space

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_and_HSV

which gives you intuitive controls over color. Not that sci.math is the
right place to ask this. The comp.graphics.algorithms seems dead, but
there are still some of us regulars looking, out of habit I guess.

--
http://kaba.hilvi.org