Topic: Data Analysis of a Set of Spatial Coordinates
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jan 30, 2013 8:17 PM

Derek Goring

Re: Data Analysis of a Set of Spatial Coordinates

On Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:44:09 PM UTC+13, Mattylab wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I was given an N by 14 matrix with time, and spatial coordinates of the torso, hip, knee, and ankle. I need to estimate the velocity and acceleration of each marker in the data, then plot these values. Does anyone have any input on where to start my code? I have figured out the equations I need to use to calculate velocity and acceleration, but not sure where to start with the MATlab code.
>

> Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

help diff
would be a good start.

But beware!!
Differentiating exaggerates high frequency noise, so you'll most likely need to low pass filter your results. And acceleration will be even more noisy.