Topic: How students are really using technology
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 8, 2013 3:38 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: How students are really using technology

Doris Williams posted Feb 2, 2013 10:22 AM:

> It should be checked always that the internet usage
> done by the students is in proper ways or not. The
> computers should be monitored from time to time to
> avoid such situations.

As computer usage increases;
as students use their computers more and more;
as more and more material of all kinds become available on the Internet -

As all of the above happens, one imagines that every school will develop special departments and divisions to:

i) (Always) check (and keep checking) that "the internet usage done by the students is in proper ways";

ii) (Always) monitor (and keep on monitoring) school "computers from time to time to avoid such situations".

One foresees a veritable army of people busily poring over their computer monitors to ensure the provisions at i) and ii) above are properly adhered to.

And then we must surely put in place yet another army to monitor the activities of this school-computer checking army!

And ...

When asked what they do, each member of these several armies will truthfully respond, "I'm in education (Bureau of Computer Usage)".

(And, of course, all of these armies would responsibly be using stuff like the 'Casper Suite' mentioned in Domenico Rosa's post - to monitor/delete/otherwise deal with all such illegal activities).

Kafka, thou shoulds't have been with us at this hour!

GSC