Topic: Re: Multiobjective optimization - gamultiobj - feasible point
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 10:39 AM

Alan Weiss

On 4/8/2013 5:40 AM, Gabboc wrote:
> "Torsten" wrote in message <kju1a1$nc6$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>

>> TOT must be bigger than the sum of the lower bounds for the 10 variables
>> for that a feasible point for your problem exists.
>> Did you take this limitation into account ?
>>

> In my optimization script lb is:
>
> lb = [1000 150 200 80 20 50 40 20 150 1000 500 70 60 100 100 20 16
> 3000 500 300 150 100 1 50 35 500 1000 27 500 600]; % Lower bound
>
> The sum of all elements of lb is 10339 and TOT=17000
>
> Any ideas??

ga and gamultiobj attempt to find initial feasible points by, among
other techniques, solving a linear program. If they say that there is no
feasible point, then I believe that there is no feasible point.

You can check for yourself by using linprog to look for a feasible
point. Take an objective function vector f as anything, say your lb
vector, and solve
x = linprog(f,A,b,Aeq,beq,lb,ub)
This will tell you for sure if there is no feasible point.

Alan Weiss