Topic: Building an Equation to find (Maximum Y) ie Highest Point on a curve!
Replies: 14   Last Post: Sep 14, 2013 3:40 PM

Leon Aigret

Re: Building an Equation to find (Maximum Y) ie Highest Point on a curve!

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:09:21 -0700 (PDT), mervynmccrabbe@gmail.com
wrote:

>Thank You All for very helpful replies.
>
>IS there some sort of FREE downloadable utility or website where I could plug in 2 equations and get a lovely elegant solution in terms of one variable only.
>
>Now that i've been shown how to get the Max Y value, by way of completeness it would great to be able to derive the dx/dy=0 and likewise merge the resulting equation to get the Max X value for the same cumbersome equation:-
>
>x^4 + y^4 + A(x^2) - A(y^2) + 2(x^2)(y^2) - Bxy + C = 0

Just interchange x and y, then get Max y for the new equation.

Leon