The Math Forum

Topic: Looking for "publish" example for a function with input arguments.
Replies: 7   Last Post: Sep 16, 2014 2:11 PM

Cedric

Re: Looking for "publish" example for a function with input arguments.

"WASSIM " <mhiriwassim@gnet.tn> wrote in message <ksbi0p$ei4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kmteia$hr3$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> >

> > "Matt Jecha" <jechamt+mathworks@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > I have been searching for the same answer as to how to implement the
> > > options structure or name-value pairs in the publish() function.

> when I use this structure to publish a function with input arguments
> opts.codeToEvaluate=[
> 'plotData', char(10),...
> 'plot_report(plotData)',char(10)];
>
> I got the following error:
> Error using evalin
> Undefined function or variable 'plotData'
>
> I don't understand why I got this error as I define the variable just before calling the publish function.
>
> And when I try with this simple example it's working:
> f.x =0:0.1:10;
> f.y = 0:0.5:50;
> function_options.codeToEvaluate=[
> 'f', char(10),...
> 'test(f)',char(10)];
> publish('test',function_options);
>
> function test(f)
> figure;
> plot (f.x, f.y);
> end
>
> is there any size limitation to pass the input arguments to the publish function??

Hi everyone,
I am having the same kind of issue...
Has this ever been resolved?
Also, the link posted above is broken:(http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-97WVV6/?solution=1-97WVV6)

My code is the following:
[...]
for d = 1:sizeOfSomething
functionOpts.codeToEvaluate=['fullFileList{d}', char(10),'my_func(fullFileList{d})'];
functionOpts.evalCode = true;
functionOpts.format = 'html';
functionOpts.outputDir = savingPath;
publish('my_func',functionOpts);
end
[...]

Error using ==> evalin
Undefined function or variable 'd'.

The error I am getting is that the "code to be evaluated" does not know 'd'.
Then I tried replacing 'fullFileList{d}' by it's actual string but I get another error (Unexpected MATLAB Operator).

Does anybody knows what is wrong here? Also, what is the purpose of the "newline" in the middle (char(10))?

Thanks