Topic: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Replies: 71   Last Post: Sep 24, 2003 10:34 AM

meron@cars3.uchicago.edu

Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue

In article <3pO5b.11464$QT5.9897@fed1read02>, "Richard Henry" <rphenry@home.com> writes:

><meron@cars3.uchicago.edu> wrote in message
>

>> Anyway, yes, there are places which, while they carry the title
>> "college", are not even at the level of a decent high school. And in
>> such institutions you may have physics "professors" who never heard
>> about differential equations. But, if that's the case, then a usenet
>> exchange won't do much in way of remediation.

>There is a local diploma mill near here which I shall call, for defensive
>reasons, P.U. They seem to specialize in night courses for working adults,
>especially those that need a continuing education credit (teachers, nurses,
>etc). A friend of mine took a computer programming course there and gave up
>when he realized he already knew more than the, er, ah, "professor".

Yes, there ae such places:-(

>Anyway, getting slowly to the point, when the company where I worked some
>years ago got a new President, he conducted a series of prework breakfasts
>to meet a cross-section of the employees on an up-close, but friendly basis.
>At the session I attended, one of the engineers asked why it was so
>difficult to get approval for tuition reimbursement payments for evening
>classes. The new prez said that the corporation wanted to make sure we
>weren't just wasting the company money on classes at P.U. Then another one
>of the employees in attendance blurted out "I got MY degree at P.U."

Ughh!

>His career was effectively over at that point.

I can believe this. The sad thing is, there are naive people with
learning potential but little knowledge, who get to such places and
believe that what they're getting is real education.

Mati Meron | "When you argue with a fool,
meron@cars.uchicago.edu | chances are he is doing just the same"

Date Subject Author
9/3/03
Read Position function ; my profs have no clue
Damon B.
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Gerry Myerson
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Robert Israel
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Damon B.
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
C. E. S.
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Robert Israel
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
meron@cars3.uchicago.edu
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Damon B.
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
meron@cars3.uchicago.edu
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Ronald Stepp
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Doug Norris
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Doug Norris
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Damon B.
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Doug Norris
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
davidoff404
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Damon B.
9/6/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
davidoff404
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Donald G. Shead
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Robin Chapman
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
David Ames
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
meron@cars3.uchicago.edu
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Richard Henry
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
meron@cars3.uchicago.edu
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Andrew Resnick
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
meron@cars3.uchicago.edu
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Oriel36
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Rich Carreiro
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Undeniable
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
stmx3
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Undeniable
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Supertech
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Oriel36
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Richard Henry
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Oriel36
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Carlos L
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Randy Poe
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Damon B.
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Doug Norris
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Damon B.
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Doug Norris
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Wayne Brown
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Randy Poe
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Big Bird
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
stmx3
9/4/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Old Man
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Undeniable
9/5/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Old Man
9/6/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Undeniable
9/6/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Rich Carreiro
9/7/03
[...]
9/8/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Undeniable
9/8/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Old Man
9/8/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Undeniable
9/9/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Oriel36
9/9/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Undeniable
9/10/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Oriel36
9/10/03
Read Re: Position function ; my profs have no clue
Old Man
9/24/03