Topic: Is this "travelling salesman problem" version known?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Mar 16, 2004 3:57 PM

Alexander Malkis

Re: Is this "travelling salesman problem" version known?

anonymous@mathforum.org wrote:
> If you are required to return to the starting point,
> then this is the "Hamiltonian cycle" problem,
> which is knownto be NP-hard.

No. The path is allowed to be open (and in the problem I'm working on,
it is always open except we have only one city)

I din't even see a proof of NP-hardness for the "open path" version of
TSP. Here help is appreciated too.

--
Best regards,
Alex.

PS. To email me, remove "loeschedies" from the email address given.