Topic: Re:X-Y to R Theta
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 5, 1996 1:59 PM

Vladimir BAYKOV

Re:X-Y to R Theta

> In article <31CEBDC8.2771@apollo.numis.nwu.edu>, Laurence Marks
> ldm@apollo.numis.nwu.edu> wrote:
> I am looking for some code to transform a 2-D array (origin at the
> center) from X-Y to R,Theta. I suspect that there must be a simple

It depends on the required ACCURACY and restrictions of TIME.
1. If accuracy is low (6-10 bits), then table lookup method is best.
2. If accuracy is high (32-64 bits and more), BUT you are not restricted
in time then DISTRIBUTED ARITHMETIC method is best.
3. Middle and high accuracy and serious restrictions of time go to
CORDIC method. You may read about that in

http://devil.ece.utexas.edu/cordic.html

Vladimir Baykov, St.Petersburg, Russia
vlad@vlad.usr.etu.spb.ru