Topic: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Replies: 17   Last Post: Dec 18, 2005 8:33 PM

Chan-Ho Suh

Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism

In article <1134174783.432675.74750@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
<casioculture@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me make it clear; I have no anti-Indian bias, in fact, I listened
> to Indian music on my playlist many times over the past few days
> (Musafir, Gypsies of Rajasthan) and ate some pretty nice Indian food.

Yeah, the other day...while I was wandering around San Francisco (which
should really be called the City...but I didn't think you or any
uncultured folks would realize that), I felt a bit squeamish. Someone
suggested Indian food. I said, "Indian food? You gotta be joking?
Besides, I don't think my stomach could handle that right now."

So we went Japanese.

My point? I'm not anti-Indian either. In fact, one of my bestest
friends is Indian. It's just...I wasn't up for it you know?

> I have had help from many reasonable editors whom I thank, but the
> article is now having a problem with a few individuals with quite
> pronounced Hindu-nationalist who remain in persistent refusal to base
> their content on reliable sources as per Wikipedia policies and whose
> version contains too many serious errors to accomodate. They keep
> reverting the page. The more I try to reason with them, going to
> excruciating lengths as evidenced by the talk page linked to below, the
> more I become aware, from the evasive and ironic one-liners they reply
> with, that they're not really interested in being reasoanble.

It looks mainly like they're having problems with one editor, Csssclll,
who has been misbehaving, using sockpuppets and such. That you? I
really hope not, but I don't see why one of the other editors would
plead on Usenet to stop him/her and others from stopping Csssclll; they
seem to have it under control.

Date Subject Author
12/9/05
Read Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Mike Henley
12/9/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
mensanator
12/9/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Mike Henley
12/9/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Mike Henley
12/9/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Proginoskes
12/11/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Mike Henley
12/13/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Proginoskes
12/13/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
David Petry
12/13/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
fishfry
12/14/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Proginoskes
12/17/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
Mike Henley
12/17/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
mensanator
12/17/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
mensanator
12/18/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's
falling victim to vandalism
Ben Rudiak-Gould
12/18/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
David Petry
12/18/05
Read Re: Please help with wikipedia's article on Arabic Numerals that's falling victim to vandalism
quasi
12/18/05