Topic: Building a conditional probability distribution in matlab
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 26, 2006 7:04 PM

Gehan Mustafa Kamel

Re: Building a conditional probability distribution in matlab

Roger Stafford wrote:

> In article <ef42095.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, "gehan

mustafa"
> <gehan84@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello all,
>> I am facing a problem, hope anyone could help me out:
>> i analysed speech frames using a filterbank of 4 subbands. For
>> subband 1 in all frames for example I calculated 2 continuous

> valued
>> features: say x1 and x2.
>>
>> For the first subband i built a continuous 2D counting

histogram.
> The
>> two axes of this histogram are:
>> (a) the continuous values of x1 observed in the first subband

> (b)the
>> continuous values of x2 observed in the first subband.
>> It counts the number of frames observed for each (x1,x2)

> combination.
>> I built this histogram using the function hist3 (Thanks alot Mr
> Peter
>> Perkins for your aid in the former part).
>>
>> The problem is , I am required to do the following:
>> After normalisation, a conditional probability distribution

> P(X1|X2)
>> is to be derived from the previously stated histogram. Is there
> any
>> function/ toolbox in Matlab that helps to build such a
> conditional
>> probability distribution?
>> Thanks alot in advance

> ------------------------
> Hello Gehan Mustafa,
>
> This is the same question you asked last Friday. Didn't the
> answer I
> gave then help?
>
> Roger Stafford

Hello Mr Roger,
Im so sory for the confusion, i think when i posted the question the
first time, i forgot to mark the check box "email me when replies are
made to this thread", so i never knew if anyone answered. I saw the
reply now, and yes thanks a million, thats exactly what i needed!
Thanks again for your aid
Regards,
Gehan Mustafa