Topic: Run MATLAB from command line
Replies: 15   Last Post: May 28, 2012 11:03 AM

Noam

Re: Run MATLAB from command line

Hi NZTideMan,

Sorry for the last post - for some reason I got it empty...

That was exactly what I did yesterday :-(

I do use WinXP as you guessed. When I open the command line and type
matlab -h, MATLAB simply starts with the normal GUI as if I started
it by double-clicking on the matlab.exe file.

Pay attention that I didn't try to run any MATLAB script with the
command you gave me. I was hoping I will get a help list from the
command line that will give me instructions how to control a script
from the command line.

I am intending on delivering an array to a MATLAB script, processing
this array and returning some values.

I would like to do this with the help of PHP that is able to call
applications via command line and for that reason I can't use any GUI
functionality. Is that doable?

Anyhow - I don't manage to run MATLAB from the command line by using
the command you gave me.

Any further hints you could throw at my direction? I really
appreciate your efforts!

Thanks
Noam

NZTideMan wrote:

> On Jul 5, 9:58 am, Noam <behemothk...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi NZTideMan,
>>
>> Many thanks for the tip.
>> I just gave it a try but it simply opens the MATLAB GUI as

usual.

wrote:
> [...]
line. I
>> need
>> > some
>> way
>> > how
how to
> do
>> > it
sure it
> is
>> > out

>> > Did you try typing:
>> > matlab -h
>> > from a DOS window?
>> > In brief, you can run your .m file, say mymfile.m like

this: